Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Author Spotlight: Jennifer Armentrout


I have to tell you about an author who is fast becoming one of my favorites!  Jennifer Armentrout is the creator of two series, which I have recently fallen in love with.  It’s to the point where I stalk her Twitter and Facebook hoping she will post tidbits from her upcoming books.  Her two series that I am obsessed with are the Luxen series and the Covenant series.  I really want to be careful about not giving anything away because I hate spoilers but these series have all the qualities I need to really fall in love.  1. Awesome female main-character.  2.  Sexy men.  3.  Action.  4.  Heartbreak.  5.  Plot Twists.  6.  Major Cliffhangers.  7.  Love.  8.  Humor (she has an excellent sense of humor that I really enjoy!)

Obsidian is the first book in the series, although there is a prequel called Shadows.  I recommend reading this first and then if you want to read Shadows later it is great.


Daimon is the novella prequel to Half-Blood and I do recommend you start with this!  It is a quickie.

         
   I have loved every single book in both series so if you’re a female and you enjoy reading YA Fiction you HAVE to check out at least one of these!  I can almost promise you will be hooked and will not be able to put it down.  Oh and if you become obsessed with these books as much as I am then you can check out Jennifer Armentrout's website because there are a lot of scenes in additional POV's (point of views).  When I found them I felt like it was like Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. I want to know what genre these books are. Your reviews make them all sound so good, but I am getting sick of vampires, witches, zombies, etc... Does it have any of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these book series are definitely fantasy but do not include any vampires, witches, or zombies. I haven't read any series with these same concepts. If you're totally wanting a break from fantasy I would wait on these, however, I think you might like them regardless! I would love to hear about some of the books you've read lately, I'm always looking for suggestions and you and Kellie Knight always have good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I loved these Meg!!! I just read the first two and started the third today. Seriously the best.

    http://ladieslibrary.blogspot.com/

    Our book club has recently turned into a book review sort of blog, I linked to you on there since we are twins in what we read.

    Love ya girl.

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh fun I will definitely check it out!! I'm so glad you liked this series because it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete