Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Review: Shatter Me

Shatter Me is about Juliette who has a unique "talent" of being able to hurt those who just touch her naked skin. She is sought out by one of The Reestablishment's leaders, Warner (my favorite villain), to be used as a weapon in the war that is taking place. Luckily she has people on her side, mainly Adam (one of my favorite leading men), that she doesn't even know are on her side till they're helping her through it all. By the end of this book Juliette's world has completely shifted and she's ready to be her true self that shes been suppressing her entire life, just as the cover says "My touch is lethal  my touch is power".

Tahereh Mafi is one of the most unique authors I have ever read (which is really saying something with how many books I have read :)). The uniqueness of the writing in Shatter Me helped bring this book up to the next level for me. I actually read the description for this book a couple different times and couldn't tell if it was something that would really hold my interest. One of my friends that I go to school with recommended it to me. Again I read the description and decided to just try the book out. I was very pleasantly surprised right from the beginning. It caught my interest from almost the first page with the unique way the main character, Juliette, is inside her head thinking and showing how Tahereh shows that on the pages. Tahereh is also really good at making you attached to the characters. Even the villain of the book, Warner, is someone you love to hate. I almost found my self routing for him at times and had to remind myself that he was not who I wanted to survive this book. You grow even more attached to Warner in the 1.5 book Destroy Me that is from Warner's point of view between Shatter Me and the upcoming Unravel Me that is due out in 2013. I love finding out what makes the other characters tick and seeing inside their minds, even the twisted ones. I can't wait for Unravel Me and see where the war leads all these amazing characters. You know you found an amazing author if she can make you attached to every character in the book, even if it damns you.

 Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)


Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

1 comment:

  1. I read this after Nicole and I just want to add that I LOVED these. Her style of writing is so refreshing and different. Can't wait for the third book to come out.

    ReplyDelete