Friday, November 30, 2012

Book Review: The Rise of Nine


            To enjoy The Rise of Nine you would of course have to read I am Number Four and The Power of Six.  If you haven’t read either of these books and you like fantasy fiction then you should DEFINITELY read both of those books.  Oh and one of my favorite parts about this book series is the crazy author.  His name is Pittacus Lore, one of the characters in the books, and prefaces every book by stating,

 “The Events in this book are real.  Names and Places have been changed to protect the Loric, who remain in hiding.  Other civilizations do exist.  Some of them seek to destroy you.”

            Talk about dedication to your craft, he almost has me believing in aliens.  Once I started The Rise of Nine I literally couldn’t put it down.  This book is full of non-stop intense action and every chapter leaves you on the edge of your seat.  No really, it does because the author switches view points every chapter so you are constantly left hanging.  It. Is. Awesome.  I had an internal battle the entire time deciding who was hotter, Four or Nine??  And also, if I could choose any legacy what would I choose?  I did, however, finish this book quite angry and I will tell you why.  I assumed this was the last book in the series so I was very excited to see how it ended but I was WRONG.  There is at least one more book due out and here is the kicker:  there is not even a release date OR a title for the next book.  This means I will have to wait until sometime in 2014 to continue on in this story.  In my mind, there are few things that are worse than waiting two years for a book to come out.  My husband definitely knows I feel this way since I was yelling when the book ended.  If you haven’t yet had the opportunity to read this book or book series then you are in for a treat.  Make sure, however, you have a good chunk of uninterrupted time before you sit down to read because you will get sucked in.  


2 comments:

  1. I thought the Rise of Nine was the last in the series too! I thought I would get answers, I mean it was good still... I just hate waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE waiting for the next book in a series to come out! It's ridiculous how long we have to wait sometimes.

    ReplyDelete